There is something about September that I just love. Maybe it's the idea that fall will be here soon and bringing with it cool crisp weather, sweaters, boots, and of course, Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. I'm going to try to order it without milk and adding my own coconut milk to make it more Paleo-friendly. I'll let you know how that works out ;)
The start of a new month also means new possibilities. It means setting new goals or making better choices to reach our current goals. It means letting go of whatever was holding you back and moving forward. I find that writing a list and having an action plan helps keep me accountable and on track. Lately, I've been very vague about my weight-loss and eating habits. I've been focusing a lot more on my workouts and running but they really do need to go hand in hand. Here's a list of my goals for September. I'll recap in October and let you know how I did!
- Lose 5 lbs. (I had a fun summer) Plan: No late night snacking, less cheat meals
- Work up to 7-8 mile long runs (That half marathon isn't gonna run itself) Plan: Don't skip runs. Focus on distance and not so much on my time
- Run outside at least 2 times a wk (Gotta get used to the pavement for the half) Plan: Tues or Thurs. evening run and Sat or Sun morning run
- Only drink wine/alcohol once a week (This is gonna be tough) Plan: don't buy wine at home
- Try out a new Paleo dish once a week (I'm in a cooking rut) Plan: Meal Plan every Sunday
So, there ya have it. My goals and plans to reach them. I'd love to hear from you next. Feel free to leave a comment with your goals below or leave a link to your blog post about your goals! xo