The start of a new year is always a good time for change. It's a time to set goals and make plans on how to achieve them. Don't let the haters bring you down before you even get started. We all have to start somewhere and for a lot of us, January 1 just feels like an ideal time for a fresh new start.
I feel that in 2017 I was not just treading water, but actually taking some steps in reverse. Life has it's ups and downs but if we don't get a hold of ourselves, we can continue on a downward spiral that is even harder to get out of. I know I've been inconsistent with just about everything in my life lately and it's time to make a conscious effort to be consistent with my actions. From what I eat, drink, how I work, use of my time, etc. It's time to stick to the plan. So, I'm here today to share my goals and plans and hopes for this new year.
Fitness + Health Goals
- Consistent Meal Planning/Prep - Working from home, I always felt that meal prep was something I didn't need to do. I could always take a break from my work and make my meals. But the truth is, I don't always feel like taking the time to cook just for myself so I end up winging it and it's not always balanced or the healthiest options. I have been pretty good about meal planning for dinners, so I want to keep that up and add meal plans for breakfast and lunch too. I also plan to use Sundays as a day to prep some meals or have semi-prepared options that I can easily and quickly turn into a complete meal. For example, making a batch of paleo egg muffins, having boiled eggs on hand, and making enough dinner for lunch leftovers the next day.
- Run 3 days/week + Gym 2 days/week - Getting consistent and back to a routine with my workouts is a must. Although I always have a monthly plan on my calendar for my workouts, I do not always follow through. I am determined to make this a priority in my life again!
- Weight Loss - Without having consistent workouts and meals planned, I have let the weight creep back up. This is the year to get back on track and not let all the hard work I've done go to waste.
- Post Monthly Goals - When I first started my weight loss journey, I shared a lot. Maybe even over shared! But, it helped me stay consistent and accountable to myself. Somewhere along the line I started thinking that maybe I was sharing too much, that people didn't want to see/read about what I was doing and I stopped sharing and eventually that led me to taking it easy. I started relaxing too much and without that accountability on social media and my blog, I started to overindulge too much and workout less and less. That stops now! Hope you're ready for a maybe a little over sharing but just know, I'm doing it for myself! Not to brag or make anyone feel bad, but rather to put myself on blast in the hopes that it will keep me accountable and maybe give someone else ideas on how to do it for themselves too ;)
- Blog a min. of 2 times a week - You'll be seeing a lot more of me this year! I really enjoy blogging so I want to make sure I'm on here a few times a week sharing my thoughts, ideas, frustrations, travels, race recaps, family life, and everything/anything else of this messy life!
I'm also working on my race schedule for 2018, so be sure to check those out HERE! If you have any suggestions for races I should put on my radar, please let me know in the comments. Or, if you'll be running one of the races I'm doing this year, let me know so we can meet up! I'm debating if I want to run a marathon for 2018. What do you think?
These are the main goals and objectives to get back on track and feeling better about myself. I don't want to feel sluggish and tired all the time like I used to, so it's time for consistency! Do you have a word for 2018?